Wednesday, September 24, 2008

12 Wonderful Years Together!

Keith and I celebrated our 12 year Anniversary on Sunday, September 21st.

I can't believe we have been married for twelve years when it seems like just yesterday. However, we are so blessed to be celebrating 12 wonderful years and so much has happened in that time.
Keith and I got married when we were babies! I mean look at us, we look so young:

But let me start from the beginning. This is how we met:

Keith and I met at Ohio State University.

I worked as a cashier at Wendy's in the Student Union. His roommate Bruce, used to come into Wendy's all the time and order 2 Jr. Bacon cheeseburgers. One day I remember that Keith came in with Bruce. He had long hair and I remember thinking that he looked just like John Travolta in Pulp Fiction. He was sooooooo cute!!!! Anyway, Keith dropped some money on the floor and when he bent down to pick it up, Bruce whispered, "his name is Keith." When I gave him his change I said, " Thank you for coming Keith!" He was very startled but I think I caught his attention. The next day, Keith and Bruce came through my line again. Keith asked me if I wanted to meet him in the second floor study hall after I got off work. I felt like this was a pretty safe area to meet since I knew nothing about him except for he liked a single with cheese and he looked like John Travolta. When I met him after work, I was nervous but very pleasantly surprised that we hit it off right away. He was so easy to talk to and he loved to talk about his family and friends. He really had me hooked when he said he was from New York and he had a Twin Brother. He sounded too perfect. Before I left that night we exchanged phone #'s and I eagerly awaited his call. I think it was a few nights later when he called me at my apartment. I remember sitting with my roommate Kelly when he called. He wanted me to come over to his place and hang out. I was not sure about that and I think I gave him some excuse like"I have to do my hair tonight." I think he thought I wasn't interested because I didn't hear from him for a few months. Then one afternoon in late January I remember that I was walking across campus on my way to an accounting test. All of the sudden I saw someone jump out of a car and to my surprise it was Keith. He walked with me to my class and asked me if I wanted to get some Pizza with him after class at Flying Pizza. Again I was overcome by his gorgeous looks and his persuasive smile so I said yes. This turned out to be our first date. We went to this Pizza place that was new york style. We sat in this small little hole in the wall restaurant talking for the next few hours. It was soooo wonderful. I had never had this strong connection to someone so quickly. It felt like we had been friends for so long. He walked me home and we said goodbye. That was that. Then the next day, I was sleeping in and I heard a knock on my window. It was Keith. I was literally in my robe and p.j.s because I just got out of bed. I even had that gross morning breath and bedhead hair. Reluctantly, I opened the door to see what he wanted. He said he wanted to give me something because he had a wonderful time on our date and then he handed me a single tulip. It was so beautiful and so thoughtful. From that day Tulips have been my favorite flower.



15 months later he gave me a bouquet of tulips when he asked me to marry him at the park of roses.

I will never forget our wonderful wedding day 12 years ago. We had so many friends and family that came to celebrate our marriage with us that it was overwhelming. We planned our wedding in 9 weeks(or I should say My Mom planned our wedding and she did a marvelous job which I will never forget).
Since we have been married we have lived in 4 different places and in 2 states. We have had 4 wonderful kids and have adopted a dog(Blossom), and 2 cats(Tiger & Fluffy). We have attended every wedding we have ever been invited to even though they have taken us all over the country. We are surrounded by Friends and Family and we are amazed at how much God has blessed us in this short time of 12 years. Keith is truly like no other Man I know. He is the most amazing, thoughtful and romantic Husband, the best father, an amazing son( I know his mom would say so)and the best friend any one could ever ask for.


Thank you for 12 Wonderful Years Keith and I look forward to many, many more!!!!!!!










4 comments:

Kelly said...

awwwww- that was so nice!! Keith really is amazing, and I have loved him too since I was there when he first started coming around!! He is so sweet and thoughtful and always looks out for your best interest. You two are a perfect couple and example to me- I just love you both so much!
Thanks for the memories of those years, and the only true regret I have is that I wasn't there on your wedding day- I missed that one important date. I loved the pictures and this was a perfect post.
Love you.

Anonymous said...

Awe, that is such a sweet anniversary story. I am not sure I knew all of the story. Just a little of it. You are such a beautiful couple and family. Of course, I might be a little prejudice, and it was a wonderful wedding and I look at the pictures all the time. It seems like a long time ago, and yet it seems like just yesterday. Time do fly. I love your blog. Keep it up sweetie. You're doing a great job.

Anonymous said...

i'm teary eyed reading your post today, and so happy for you guys. happy 12 years together! i remember your wedding and we definitely were babies. we've come a long way, haven't we! as kelly said, i always look up to you as an example of a marriage i want to work for. happy anniversary, you two! love you and miss you!

Mark P. said...

Wow congrats!