Sunday, November 23, 2008

Our Busy Saturday!

With four kids, sometimes our Saturdays can be so busy.

This Saturday was one of those times.
It started with Konnor's last soccer game. He loves soccer and he's really good at it. There are 8 players on his team the"SandSharks". It is so much fun to watch all of the kids running around the field trying to get the ball. They are actually pretty good for 6 and 7 year olds. They have learned how to stay in position and pass and they do pretty well. It's still fun to see them bunch up into that circle that seems to move around the field together.

After the game they had cupcakes to celebrate their great season



They also got their trophies. Konnor loves to get trophies. He always takes them to school for show and tell.



This is Konnor's friend Josh. He doesn't play soccer with him, but they will be playing basketball together in January. They are sometimes inseparable.


After the soccer game, Keith and Konnor headed off to a pump it up party while me and the girls headed off to go get lunch. I decided to take the girls to Applebee's since the Michigan /Ohio State game was on. I figured I could catch a bit of it there. When we arrived they had another game on so we asked them to change it for us. I think the girls puppy dog eyes were irresistible because they changed it over to the Ohio State game. We had a great time cheering for them and we also had a great lunch.

After lunch the girls begged me to go shopping. I can never say no to shopping so off we went to Target.



We always have so much fun. I think they each tried on at least five outfits. These are a few of their favorites.




After our shopping exposition we headed over to ultimate gymnastics to take Carolyn to a birthday party. Her friend Morgan was turning 5 years old. Here are a few picks of her with her friends.After the Birthday party we met back up with Keith and Konnor at the Phoenix Zoo. His company was having a get together at Zoo Lights. I am so glad they had it this weekend because Keith's cousin David was in town visiting and he was able to join us for this fun night. We had dinner first and although the food was great , there were not any seats left for us to sit down at a table. So we just made the best of it and sat down in the grass behind some of the lights. The zoo security tried to kick us out of the area but I just let them know that if we couldn't sit there than my 4 kids would have to walk around with a plate full of food in their hands and I'm sure he did not want us making a mess on the ground that they would have to clean up. He agreed and let us stay there on the grass to eat. We had a nice time.



After we ate dinner we walked all around the zoo to see the beautiful lights. There were over 2.5 million lights and the kids thought it was awesome. Christmas music was playing everywhere we went, so we just walked and sang.
As we were walking around the kids spotted a rock wall and coconut tree climbing so they had to do it, Of Course!! Gwen, Makayla and Konnor all tried it and loved it. I have never seen a coconut tree climb. They looked like monkeys climbing up those things.








These are just a few pics of the girls posing at the Zoo. They are really getting too big!


Carolyn just had to ride the carousel. I think this is her favorite thing about the zoo, not the exotic animals.

We had such a fun time at Zoo lights and we were so glad that David was able to enjoy it with us!

Finally we finished the night off with some rock candy. A great Ending to a wonderful day!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Finally a post with pictures!! I loved it all- I have so been missing you and what you are up to- so glad about the Buckeyes, huh?!
Great times!! I loved that game- well the ending, anyway!
Call soon so we can catch up!!
Love you all!