Monday, February 16, 2009

My little Carolyn.

For those of you who know Carolyn, You know what a spunky personality she has. Being the baby of 4 children you think she may get lost in the bunch. However, she definitely has figured out how to stand out in the crowd. She has been our biter(1 1/2 years AHHH!), she will always let you know what she thinks about everything, and she somehow seems to get her way most of the time. Nevertheless, she is usually in trouble and enduring some sort of disciplinary action.


Knowing all of this I would like to share with you something that she said to me. A few weeks ago, it was a beautiful day outside like usual. Keith had taken the 3 older kids out on a bike ride to a nearby park. I stayed home with Carolyn because the park was a little too far away for her to travel to. I thought it would be fun to take her on a bike ride around the block a few times so I said to her in a very sweet and encouraging voice, " Carolyn. If you go and get some pants on then we can go on a bike ride after I go to the bathroom."

She looked right at me with a hand on her hip and said," Do you mean I better get my pants on before your done going to the bathroom or NO BIKE RIDE?"

I don't know how kids turn your words around but that's my Carolyn and I love her!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Where did she come from?! We love her too!

Patricia Wolf said...

I love her too and she is so adorable. I guess that makes up for the smart comments. As you said she is the baby and she does not want to get lost in the bunch. I think she is doing a good job.