Carolyn loves all kinds of foods and she loves to try new things. Yesterday we went to Sprouts and she wanted me to buy everything that was baby sized. So we bought baby bananas and baby apricots. She held them in her lap in the cart like they were truly her little babies.
When we got home she wanted to eat an apricot so I washed one and gave it to her. She walked into the living room as she began to eat it. A few minutes later I heard her screaming and I thought she was hurt. When I ran in she said," Mommy, Mommy look what I found!There is a huge seed inside my baby Apricot! I love these things! Can I have another one?" She proceeded to eat three more baby apricots and every time she got to the seed she screamed with excitement. I never knew seeds could cause so much joy. Evidently, for a 4 year old, it does. She even kept all the seeds because she thinks they are so neat.
I was telling my sister about how cute it was and that I would have to write about it on my blog. Carolyn overheard me saying that and she said," Yeah! Take my picture!" (That is so weird how she has noticed that I take pictures of what I want to post on my blog.) I think that is so amazing that she can be so mesmerized by an apricot seed and at the same time know exactly what an MP3 player, a cell phone and a blog is.
2 comments:
That is so darling! I love those baby fruits, and yummy apricots! I have been on a peaches kick, but today I bought strawberries, grapes, pineapple and made a fruit salad- the kids ate it up! I am now making cookies for their teachers for the end of school. Glad you loved the racoon pics, and no, I don't think they are attacking kinds of things, at least not this one, he was just hungry!!
It's a good thing she likes apricots, cause I just bought some for next week. I'm trying to stock up for when they will be here. That is such a cute story. You should let her plant one of the seeds and see if it comes up. Just put it in some dirt and put it in your kitchen window and water it.
LJ
Post a Comment