Saturday, June 14, 2008

Remembering


Well, this morning we couldn't help think about the awesome time we had at camp. I was so thirsty to read the Bible this morning that I started to read the rest of the Book of Daniel. While I was reading, Makayla started reciting from memory the Story of Daniel and the Lion's den. There are so many things we can learn from in that one story. It talks about Jealousy, Hastiness, staying true to God and obeying his word, Faith, Trust and Praise.

I also downloaded a lot of pictures from my camera, so here they are:


These are the girls I had in my group this week. Each Counselor had a group of kids that were all in the same grade. My girls had just finished 4th grade. We teamed up with a group of 4 boys and their counselor John Sloan. Our team name was Jeremiah. We had to come up with a team cheer, make a flag and learn how to work together for the week. Some times it was very difficult to get the girls and boys to work together. But most of the time they had fun running around playing games together and learning about the bible together. Everyday, we ate together, had bible study together, learned about the spiritual disciplines together, worshipped together and got crazy and messy together. We had so much fun and I really enjoyed getting to know each one of them!!!!

If you have been on the website from my last post, you may have noticed some very messy pictures. Well, every night we had a fun time called Late Night. Everyone on camp would basically come together and do something crazy. The first night we made our team flags and then had a parade. The second night we all went to the field and played a game with the glow sticks and then 200 people threw all of their glow sticks up in the air over and over and over again.


The next night was a little messier. All the kids were told to bring clothes that they could throw away. For this activity, the counselors were told to line up their team and then spray them with all kinds of condiments and crackers and marshmallows. The kids were nervous at first but then really got into it. They even started pouring things on themselves. Then they all started going around and hugging each other and their counselors to get them dirty. It was totally gross and totally amazing. Before they got really messy, everyone had to crack an egg on their head. The winner was the person who had the hard boiled egg.

On the last night, they did a fear factor game where each team had to send up a representative and that person had to eat all this weird stuff. They were eating things like sardines and pickled pigs feet and just really gross stuff. They were even having the kids drink the juice out of the containers. The funny thing was all of the kids did it and they were begging for more. The weren't afraid one bit. I guess they learned something from Daniel this week. Anyway the winner was from our team. He was actually the first one to throw up(I think he ate an anchovy). Way to take one for the team Nicholas!!!


I know I keep saying it, but I can't help it. Camp was Awesome!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

The glow stick pic is amazing!! Okay, you know I am queamish, so the disgusting food fight and fear factor just grossed me out- seriously, I would not have made it through that activity!! Glad it was you!! I can't even watch that show- so gross!! I am glad you had a great time!!

Michelle said...

LOVE the glowstick pic!

Anonymous said...

Good stuff. I'm glad you came back tired but refreshed in God's Word.

Tom B