Thursday, July 10, 2008

Shopping Fun!!!

Saturday we said goodbye to Karl and Beth. It was sad to say goodbye but we had a great time while they were here. We took them to the Airport on Saturday morning and went to look at the rock mart to buy rocks for around the pool area. Those of you who live out east may think that a rock store sounds silly but not to Arizonans. Some of my favorite names for rock stores are Rock Mart and Rock of Ages. Anyway, when we got there they were closed so, with the suggestion from the kids, we went shopping for school clothes. After all, when we get back from our vacation the kids start school the next day. Keith was excited about this idea because he needed clothes too and he had a few gift cards to spend.
First, we hit Super Target (Of Course). They had 75% off of their dollar stuff. I got stickers for 25cents, visors for 25cents, and flip flops for 62 cents. It was so fun. Then we went to get something to eat. We found a sub place and a smoothie place that shared the same space. It was perfect. The kids meal included a deli sandwich,chips, treat, and smoothie for only $3.00. If your kids are anything like mine, then you know how excited my kids were about getting smoothies.

After lunch we hit Old Navy and they were having a sale were almost everything in the store was 50% off. AWESOME!!!!!

Then we went to Kohl's and they weren't having the best sale but Keith loves to get shoes there. So while he was getting shoes the kids were starting to get rowdy and whiny. I started walking around the store with them to try to get them in a better mood, but nothing worked. Just when I was about to give up and tell Keith to forget the shoes and lets call it a day, We saw the sunglasses section. It was perfect and the kids loved trying on all the glasses and looking in the mirror. We were trying on glasses for about 30 minutes and even when Keith was done the kids didn't want to leave. Of course, Konnor had to put about 8 pair of glasses on so that he looked like a bug.(What a Boy!!!) The girls just thought they were so cute!! Keith was just happy to get home and get some water!!



The Moral of this story is:
If your kids are throwing a fit in the store just find the sunglasses and you'll be fine!!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

And you just happened to have your camera, right?! I love that you take it everywhere now, huh?! I do, cause I am looking for Blogging moments!! I love that you are too!!
That is a great idea, my kids LOVE sunglasses- we spent nearly an hour choosing some at Walmart a few weeks ago- and Alex's broke a week later!!
Oh well.

Anonymous said...

Is that my brother in the lower right corner? I dont even recognize him! --Michelle