Thursday, May 29, 2008



I haven't posted in so long. Sorry. But I do have a lot to share. First I'll talk about the kids choir concert on May 18th . It was wonderful. Konnor sang with the Pre-K and K choir and he dressed up as a biblical boy. He loved this because he hates to wear dress up clothes so he got to wear anything he wanted because he would have a costume covering it. He also loved the costume because it had a belt on the front, and he twirled it the whole time he was singing. It even distracted him so much that he did not do any of the motions to the songs. Oh well. At least he got up on the stage. I was very proud.



Makayla and Gwen also sang in the choir. The 3rd through 6th graders put on a performance called"Race to Win". It was centered around Nascar and racing. The message was all about "whose race are you running?God's race! of course!" It had a really great message and it was truly wonderful. Ruth Lewis is the Children' Choir Minister and she has been at our church for 35 years teaching music and leading children choirs. She is a blessing to so many people. The girls really enjoy singing and always take part in the children's choir and ensembles at Christmas and July 4th. The girls had a special part in the performance where they had to do a choreographed dance with inflatable tires. They loved it and they did a great job. Here is a snippett from their performance.


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Fabulous!! I loved it!!