We began our weekend last Saturday with a Garage Sale, a Baseball game, and a mother/daughter tea. Keith and I were playing tag team all morning. He went one place with 2 kids I went another with the other 2, then we switched kids and events later on and headed to something else. It was just one of those Saturdays. At the Garage sale we made $70 and got rid of many clothes and the big freezer on our back porch.(Yeah!) I saw Konnor hit the ball out to the fence at his Baseball game. Then I spent a very relaxing 3 hours with my Mom, Sister and 2 of my wonderful daughters at a Mother/Daughter Tea. It was great. But the best event had not yet happened.

At 3:00 we were going to Carolyn's first dance recital on a real stage. She really enjoys getting ready for special occasions and this was no exception. I washed her hair so that I could make curls while I was drying her hair. This is her favorite way to wear her hair. She then put on her favorite pink leotard along with her favorite pink skirt. The outfit wasn't quite right until she added the perfect hair accessory which today was her brown head band with the pink bow. She was ready and couldn't wait to get to her dance recital. When we arrived at the school, she seemed a little apprehensive and walked really close to me. I quickly had flashbacks of when Gwen and Makayla were having their first dance recital. Gwen did every dance. Makayla, however, screamed,"I am not dancing!" and ran off of the stage in the middle of the recital. I wasn't sure how Carolyn would do and now I was worried. I took her backstage and reassured her that she would be fine and she went off with her teacher. As I took my spot in the audience, I said a little prayer that everything would go well. Since this recital was for the dance classes that we offer at our Preschool, I pretty much knew everyone in the audience and they all knew that Carolyn was my daughter. As the girls came out onto the stage Carolyn was doing great she found her spot and waited for the music to start. She started off great and then this is what happened.......
It was so cute. She started out every dance and then moved to this position with her arms over her head just watching until the song ended. Even when the other girls were bumping into her because they were jumping to the right or left or circling together around the stage; Carolyn stayed in one spot not moving a muscle. Her teacher even tried to grab her hand at one point to get her to move with the other girls. But there was no moving her. Between the 2nd and 3rd dance, each dancer was called on to the stage one by one to show off a special tumble on the mat. Each girl came out quickly. Then there was a long pause between girls. No one was coming out. I was sure that it was Carolyn not wanting to come onstage. We all waited on the edge of our seat, when, finally, Carolyn entered the stage area to perform her tumble. You could tell everyone in the room wondered if she would do it. And then..............
The crowd went wild!!! It was so wonderful and unforgettable! The last number they performed was the boogie woogie. There were about 30 girls on the stage and Carolyn did every step we were so proud and I think she was too.. ...
Sometimes, as a mom, I get so caught up in scheduling and going from this event to that, that it really is the unexpected moments in life that make you stop and appreciate the simple things.
Thank You Carolyn!!!!!
1 comment:
She is by far the most adorable one on the stage!! I loved it, both performances! I love the hair bow mistake, that happens, ya know! Her sommersault (sp?) was fantastic!! Leah just watched it with me and said that was great! However, she wanted to know why Carolyn gets a trophy and she doesn't after her recital! I said, we should move to Arizona and you could dance there- she said, okay- so we will be there soon!! Love you!!
Post a Comment