Monday, May 5, 2008

Spontaneous Talent Show

I'm not sure if it's just our family or not, But do you ever have those nights that turn into an all out talent show? Well tonight was one of those nights for us. It started out like any regular day. The kids went to school while Keith and I went to work. I got off work and picked up all the kids and went home. We had Taco's and Spanish rice in celebration of Cinco De Mayo. The little ones went swimming after dinner while Gwen, Kayla and I went to a Girl Scout Leader meeting where I was unknowingly awarded my 10 year pin.
Anyway, when we arrived back home about 8:00, that is when the talent show began. Konnor wanted to read a book to his Dad but when he came into the room he had brought every book that he has from school(About 22, 8 page books) He wanted to read every one to us. We were so proud of how well he is reading. It's Amazing the growth in one year.


While he was reading, Gwen was playing her Flute in her room. As Konnor was finishing up reading his 5th book Gwen came out and said, " Can I play you a few songs?" We were delighted to hear the beautiful melodies she is now playing. It is so cool to remember how she could hardly play any notes at the beginning of the year and now she is playing the William Tell Overture. Again it was Amazing.


Konnor began to read his 6th book and Makayla started playing the piano. She said, " Mom, can I play you the new song I made up today?" Of, course I couldn't wait to hear this. She loves to play the piano but has never taken lessons yet.(I should definitely look into lessons for her!!) She, also, was amazing!

By now I am thinking that the kids are all vying for my attention. Konnor keeps wanting to read more books to me, Gwen is still playing her Flute in the background and Makayla is quietly playing her songs on the piano. Then Carolyn comes out carrying her puppet show booth. she said, "Mom. Can I read you a puppet show book?" We all stopped what we were doing and watched Carolyn's Puppet Show. She read the pictures in the Barbie sleepover book and showed us the pictures through her puppet show stage. It was also amazing!!
We had a long day, but it was so nice to have an evening where everyone could show off all of their talents. I am truly blessed with Amazing children.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That sounds like an awesome night!! We have talent shows all the time, but they usually revolve around dancing and singing- Alex plays his guitar (electric toy), and Leah and Celeste prance around! Last night, for our family night, before our root beer floats, we played "who am I?" where the kids act out an animal or person and we have to guess- sometimes we play too, but last night it was just the crazies. Celeste has even gotten in on it and does lots of good impressions. Gotta love those kids! Great pictures and great talents- Gwen is soooo grown up!